Sunday, December 7, 2014

Anima Pizza & Pasta is Another Dud: Bad Pizza, Bad Pasta and Even Worse Service

Anima Pizza & Pasta was on my list of places to try and I was sorely disappointed. The food was below average and service was outright horrible. We had the Margherita pizza as an appetizer and I got the classic tagliatelle al ragu (they called it alla Bolognese). Not sure why everyone was raving about how great and authentic this spot was on message boards. The pizza was definitely below average. I will take 800 degrees or Olio, not to mention Pizzeria Mozza, any day.
The pasta was even worse. It had no flavor. It had so little flavor that I had to go home and pimp it up with salt and pepper. Even the ground meat tasted like it wasn't fresh or good quality meat. It was very disappointing. Margharita pizza and a basic meat sauce pasta are always my go-to when checking out a new Italian joint and I must say, Anima failed in a big way.
The biggest culprit of all, however, was the poor service. We were the very first customers there but we didn't get our bread until after our food arrived. Our server was slow and inattentive. The manager tried to make things better but then the owner came and reverse some of the good will the manager had managed to gain. I'll be honest. I think the lack of good service made me like this place even less. I definitely won't be returning. I could get excellent Italian at other joints any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment