Sunday, October 6, 2013

Cooking: Create Your Own Taco with Queso Fresco and Nopales

I'm fortunate to have a ton of food-loving folks around me and this beautiful excellent taco is a result of several contributions. The salsa was homemade by LP who added everything from habanero and pineapple to tomato and onions that made for the perfect accompaniment to this simple but delicious taco. This corn tortilla taco had ground beef, caramelized onions, avocado, cilantro and queso fresco that another foodie EM generously gave me.

This Mexican cheese was priceless -- salty, creamy and light. When I heard she had gotten it in Montebello, my mind started racing trying to find a time to drive out there to pick it up. To my delight, she gave me a good chunk of cheese to take home and it came in so handy when assembling this taco.
EM also gave me some nopales salad (cactus salad) that had some red onions and a deliciously refreshing dressing. I couldn't resist putting some nopales in my breakfast taco. Since I had totaled the queso fresco that I had been rationing, I sprinkled some shredded cheese when heating up the corn tortilla and use bacon instead of ground beef because it's breakfast! And of course, an oozy fried egg (visible toward the back) brings it all together. Bacon, avocado, nopales, red onions, cilantro, melted cheddar and jack cheese in a corn tortilla. Drizzle some of that precious salsa (I'm lobbying for LP to start selling her sauce) all over and you're set for the day. Thank you LP and EM for the amazing components you contributed!

No comments:

Post a Comment